Pages

Tuesday 2 June 2009

Stormy Days



Here is your My World Image.

The funny thing is that we are have one of the best bank holidays weather wise for the number of years. Clear blue sky's and sunny days with highs of 26 degrees which can't be said for the weather in the image above.

I got back from Stockholm on Sunday to this wonderful weather. I don't know about you, but I don't like taking photos in this sort of weather. So I looked back and found this image I took a while back of a stormy day over on Achill Island. Driving rain and wind, a bit of a difference.

I think that's it for a while now with the weekends away shooting marathons so normal posting routine will continue from today.

13 comments:

  1. Very powerful image, Neil. The balck-and-white format suits it well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning and dramatic images as always, Neil! They always take my breath away! Thanks for a look at your world and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic shot once again, this in my opinion is one of your best.

    Have a great week
    Guy
    Regina In Pictures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous view! Beautiful days are for relaxing; bad days and their drama are for the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fascinating wild coast !
    I could stay hours watching the waves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's energetic. I like these days, my sensitive allergic to water camera doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful picture and it does look very nice in B & W.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a very beautiful image...a little cold and stark, but beautiful nevertheless.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some powerful waves. Personally I like storm photos, and always go out hunting (when I can) for photos when there's storms around.

    Looking forward to your marathon photos. I went out last weekend to get some shots of a marathon here in town. More difficult than I thought. I'll have one or two up in the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous image...i so like the cloud formation and sea mist along the coastline.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stormy days make butter nicer "mood" shots. This one is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very powerful!

    I take shots of the wife in marathons. Its funny that many runners ask why I'm not shooting them also. Guess I look like a staff photog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This photo is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete