Pages

Monday 8 June 2009

Newtown Abbey 3



Here is your My World image.

And the sequence continues from Newtown Abbey, Trim, Co Meath with the image above.
What we have here is the entrance to the abbey through the gates. I am inside the grounds of the abbey looking out not outside looking in. Confused ? I am.

You walk along the path by the wall and the grave yard in too your left in the image.
I used this composition for a numbers of reasons mainly to block all the European and Local election poster all over the place. The two head stones on the left are blocking some posters as are the trees.

You will have a break from the Abbey tomorrow for Watery Wednesday and a b&w sunset for Sky Watch Friday with a funny story behind that one. So see you then.

12 comments:

  1. Terrific shot and always, Neil! And interesting as well which makes it twice the fun. Looking forward to Watery Wednesday and Sky Watch now!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photography never ceases to amaze me, I love this pic.

    Have a fantastic week
    Guy
    Regina In Pictures

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can almost feel the roll of the ground. Great photo as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful and haunting image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are beautiful Neil. I have always loved black and white and am now dusting off some of my old b & w photos of Mallorca for my other blog. They really do have impact don't they. Lovely pics of the Abbey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your abbey series, especially with the gravestones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have some magnificent monochrome images. thanks for all these posts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice. I like this whole series from Newtown Abbey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful Gothic image makes me think of windswept Yorkshire Moors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been back to this one a few times and I like it more and more each visit.

    At first I didn't like the placement of the celtic cross; being quite a bit darker than the rest of the shot, it does pull your eye.

    But as I said, I'm liking it more and more. The shot is leaning to the surreal and I think the cross adds to that.

    Very nice!

    Cheers,
    --Mark

    ReplyDelete