Pages

Tuesday 9 June 2009

Dingle Bay from a boat



Here is your Watery Wednesday image.

I have gone back to the Dingle Bay images for Watery Wednesday as no water in the Newtown Abbey sequence. There is a stream beside the abbey but nothing of interest to photograph.

So this image was taken when the boat was at full speed heading back into the harbour after our trip out to see Fungie the Dolphin. Again I was amazed at how sharp the image was when it was taken hand held on a bobbing boat ( and here's me going out and buying a carbon fiber tripod ).

I would like to thank all you fellow bloggers for your comments about my images and to the recent followers to my blog. Thank You.

If any of you have questions you would like to ask, please either email them to me or leave a comment and I will return the answer via email.

14 comments:

  1. Fantastic image, you do great work in black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, this should be on the front cover of a suspense novel.

    Cheers
    Guy
    Regina In Pictures

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first visit to Ireland, home of my greatgrandparents!
    Your B&W images are wonderful. It gives such a different view. Love those clouds.
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spectacular! The difference in B&W is just so beautiful!
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really have a eye for black and white photography - this is stunning!

    My post is here: Carletta’s Captures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What A Lovely Capture !! Great Post I Enjoyed All Your Photos..You Are A Real Photograher..Thanks For Sharing..Also I Have Started My Own Website And Would Like You To Have A Look At It.I Would Love To Have Your Comments On That Also.Unseen Rajasthan

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a breathtaking and dramatic image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks fantastic in B & W. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photo as are all your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen these monochrome shots today and they are spectacular... Also the last Newtown Abbey shot is ... well, surreal! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spectacular with the foam echoing the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always tricky photographing from in a boat. OK, so I have a question. you say to expose to the right. But what about the tones? If you are metering for dark tones, you need to expose -1 for midtone blacks and -2 for blacks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the ocean and I love this picture. I can smell the salty wind and feel it in my hair. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete