Pages

Sunday 7 June 2009

Newtown Abbey



Here is your Scenic Sunday image.

After a week of wonderful blue skies and sunshine, we are now back in winter, as it did not stop raining all day Saturday with strong winds. However I did manage to get out for a couple of hours on Friday evening. Nothing like a new piece of equipment to get you motivated. In this case a new tripod.

The image above is of Newtown Abbey, Trim, Co Meath.
After dinner I travelled the short distance to Trim, about 10k, to get some images of the Castle and Abbey. Just as I arrived the clouds arrived and put an end to the wonderful side lighting I was looking for. I got a couple of images and will post during the week. I drove to another location but decided to go back to the Abbey. The sun was setting now and the light was starting to glow. Well, all I can say was that I had some of the most beautiful golden side lighting in a long time with lit up the surface of the rocks in the foreground.

So in the end I got the image I was after, but the moral of this story is "Don't have that extra potato".

9 comments:

  1. Maybe if you hadn't had the extra potato, your shot would've been much earlier in the day, and not as effectively side lit as this one is with the setting sun? Such a beautiful place, and with some old yews in the graveyard too I see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your photos are breathtaking and I notice that you are professional. If you got the time pleace leave som comments on my blackandwhite portraits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice. It captures the feeling of a cold sunny day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!
    I agree with my friend Ulrica.
    Your photos are totally breathtaking and leaves my stunned!

    This is true art!

    I read about your workshops at your website.
    And to come and learn from you would be a big honour for me.

    Have a great start of the new week!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always captured great images..even its in B&W mode.


    Las Islas Filipinas World

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are really great black and whites!! i love both pictures but i think the 2nd is best just because it gives a more interesting angle/perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad you had that extra potato, this photo is stunning. setting is a bit eery though, reminds me of something out of harry potter :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like this one a lot. Something about the ruins makes for excellent photos. So, what tripod did you purchase? I broke the latch on my Manfrotto.

    ReplyDelete