Pages

Saturday 27 June 2009

Clew Bay Sunset



Here is your Scenic Sunday image.

Well this will be my last post for a few day as I'm off to Westport today to try and capture even more wonderful sunsets. The above image was taken on my last trip to Westport. This was taken at the Bartraw, White Strand Beach looking out over Clew Bay.

I was shooting straight into the setting sun at this location. However, waiting for the sun to set below the distant mountains, I was able to capture the above image with not too much difficulty.
Only one 3 stop ND Grad filter was used to balance the sky and the reflections in the foreground water. You can add this one to "My Classic Sunset" series, but maybe not that interesting?
What do you think?

I will have access to the Internet etc... (God Bless the iPhone), but as I already said no posts. Oh ye, just in case you are wondering, I will have photo's of the Tiger Cubs next week for you after the Zoo go public with the news story and images. You know the proverb " don't count your chickens before they hatch".

See you all next week and have a good one.

7 comments:

  1. This certainly has less large elements than the photos of the Classic Sunset series, but it has its own draw. The clouds are intriguingly arranged, and the foreground water is very shapely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely sense of silky, luminous light! Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! Capture immensity very well. Lots of mystery somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is very interesting, I think monochrome makes things look more mystical its an interesting medium. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neil, never a bad photo from you, or even mediocre for that. Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I very much like the texture in the sky and sea. I love how you capture darks, medum tones and light shades.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice for monochrome. It has much character.

    ReplyDelete