Pages

Thursday 15 January 2009

Planks on the Beach



I think we are near the finish of the images from the Salterstown, Dunny and Port locations from Monday. At this stage we were on the final leg home with a stop at Port Beach. Again from my previous visit I knew about the planks of wood. With the sun starting to set quickly now and I think we had about 1 hour to sunset, but with the hills and houses behind us the sun would be blocked in about 30min's. The angle and direction of the sun was just perfect to light up the surface of the planks of wood. Luck or timing, how cares, but I can safely say that was one of the most productive days I have had in a long time.
With this image above I had to wait for a person (as it happens another photographer to move out of the shot) before I would take the image and for the sun to come out from behind some clouds. It's a great feeling you get when you know after you release the shutter that you got a keeper as they say.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting fence, I wonder why it is there. For what purpose? This is what makes photos so intriguing; wondering about what we see.

    So much here, wood, rocks, sand, water, clouds; So much to consider when thinking about the lighting conditions and the reflections from all these differing surfaces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beach is lined with these planks of wood. I think they are use to break up force of the waves against the shore line. The road runs right along the shore line so them minimize the effects of the waves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture is brilliant. One wants to step in it and expects a world of black and white still beautiful to the senses with intriguing gadgets like this old fence that seems somewhat random, yet once purposeful, it gives the picture a nostalgic touch with a bit of a silent lament against the passing of time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! The clarity is superb. This would be a very good shot in colour, but in B&W...

    I came here through Aileni. Your work is an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete