Pages

Sunday 1 March 2009

Muckross Lake





The Hot Spot in Killarney, Muckross House and Gardens for all the tourists. Mind you it's a lovely place to walk around with views to match. This image was taken by the side of the path on the walk from Muckross House to The Torc Waterfall. What you have here is Muckross Lake with either Tomes or Purple Mounatian in the background. ( me thinks it's Tomes )
I have been here many times but have always come away with wanting more and not getting the images I am after. I am building up a small collection of images form the area but I think that it's because I have seen so many images from here I want something different and my own.

11 comments:

  1. I think we should have designated tourist areas for them to photograph and leave the real treasures for us. You will have no problem creating something unique. Always sensational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm liking what you do, black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful drama that sky adds to what is really a very peaceful and pastoral looking scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many aspects to this picture. It certainly bears what I have come to think of as your distinctive style. The perspective provided by the trees lakeside draws the eye right in to the core of the shot.
    And that sky...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shot - I love the way the clouds really stand out. It's many years since I visited Killarney and Muckross House, so you've revived a heap of memories for me :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks a wonderful place....
    I would keep going back there too.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sky is really nice. I bet this is a nice photo in colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sky is so eloquent .. wonderful moody photo

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks almost unreal: I think it's the lighting. Very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Still, a beautiful spot, tourists and all. Interestingly enough, wife and I viewed a travel program and viewed the villages of Killarney and Cobh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sky... Everyone has already said it all (that's the big drawback to being as late as I am!) and there's nothing left for me to say!

    ReplyDelete