Pages

Saturday 28 February 2009

SoFoBoMo

SoFoBoMo : Solo Photo Bool Month. Well I have just signed up to this project. My book will be called " Black & White Flower Power " and will be done over the month of May with a little forward planning before then. The post I did a while back called Tulip put the idea into my head. I shoot Landscapes not flowers, so it's a new challange for me and one I am looking forward to doing.

What is SoFoBoMo :

SoFoBoMo is short for Solo Photo Book Month - a group event where a bunch of photographers all make solo photo books start to finish, in 31 days, at more or less the same time. It's modeled loosely on NaNoWriMo, where participating writers all write novels in a month, and NaSoAlMo, where musicians write and record solo albums in a month.

View a list of all SoFoBoMo '09 participants

For SoFoBoMo, the goal is to make the photos, write any needed text, layout the book, and produce a PDF image of the book, all in 31 days. Rather than confining it to a single calendar month, we use a 'fuzzy month', where you can pick any contiguous 31 day period inside a two month window - this makes it a bit more flexible and encourages broader participation.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting. Have you done this before?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I have not Snapshutter. I was reading about it on the "The Online Photographer" website and said that would be a good idea, goal, project something than the normal landscape work. So looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound like an interesting project. I too am not a flower photographer, but strangely I'm drawn to tulips. Will have to follow your progress on this.

    ReplyDelete