Pages

Tuesday 31 March 2009

Lough Dan 4




Here is your Watery Wednesday image.

This is a image of the actual lake. It's taken from the same spot in the Lough Dan 2 post, but turned 90 degrees to the left. It's very hard to photograph a large open spans of water with no points of interest to draw you into the image. Here I am trying to use the small ripple waves to bring you through the image . The image does nicely for the Watery Wednesday theme and continues the Lough Dan Tour. From the spot we had our lunch in the first post you can continue your walk around the lake by a path that follows the shore line of the lake.

I don't think it's as good an image as the previous post, but helps tell the Lough Dan story. The final image form this series will be on friday for the SkyWatch Friday theme.

The Story is nearly over.................

11 comments:

  1. what a lovely series of photos,

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really have to find something other than dramatic to describe your photographs. Very very stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you are not quite satisfied with the shot, but I love it! The ripples on the waves give the image great depth.

    Your shots are in general awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lines of the waves and the clouds draw my eyes in. I think this photo works well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be sad to see this series go. There's so much within these images, and they differ significantly despite their proximity to each other. Amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this image--There is so much depth, hard to do with a water shot sometimes. I love how my eye is brought deep into the clouds, how I'm drawn into the frame. I also love how the water appears on the diagonal which gives the image such visual interest and of course, the black and white is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must say that you have some wonderful b&w images here of Lough Dan. Seems like a very precious area of the world. This watery image is even better than the one below for those ripples. They give the image such wonderful geometry. Truly amazing scenery all the way through.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your right, the ripples do the job of giving a focal point and they're on the diagonal as well. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's the layered water I am drawn to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I prefer this image to Lough Dan 3. Maybe because of the water, but I am not sure of that. I like the ripples, in perfect steps, and the way there seem to be ripples at right angles to the main ripples, if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete