Pages

Monday 11 May 2009

Mr Kepala



Here is your My World image.

And here he is, Mr Kepala, the Sumatran Tiger from Dublin Zoo who got very close and I mean very close to me. I was taking some images of Sigra the female tiger and could not see Kepala anywhere, Why? Because he was right beside me. I know it's not the same as true wildlife photography but I don't think I am ever going to get within a inch of a tiger (a live one that is) and live to be typing on my keyboard and telling all about it.

So this is My World for the moment the Tigers at Dublin Zoo.

13 comments:

  1. what a fab capture of mr. kepala...a gorgeous fellow he is. so he slinked up by you unbeknownst to you? oh my gosh...must have made your heart skip a beat or two???
    have a terrific tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he just probably want to be the star of your photos; he's just getting your attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you survived! He's got that Clint Eastwood "Get Off My Lawn" look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic shot! Scary, but fantastic! Always look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very un-green shot from Ireland. But I bet you turned that colour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy he looks like he means business! The worst kind if you're in his sights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent photo, that looks awesome in black and white.

    Have a great week
    Guy
    Regina In Pictures

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an expression you've caught! We don't get to Dublin Zoo very often, and it seems the big cats are never out when we arrive--I end up with lots of bird photos and rhinos.
    Loved this image.
    (and laughed at Sunday's post!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like the tigers had a little change in their routine that day. It can't be all fun being an exhibit in a glass cage....you got a bit of a change from your daily routine too. Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got an "Ooohhh!" of wonder out of me. The prince (while lion is the king :) ) of the wilds with a straight look into my eye - I just had to lower mine in respect :)
    Awesome capture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's pretty cool! My what big whiskers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. it's such an intense image; the eyes, the frozen movement. It's a beautiful image.

    ReplyDelete