Pages

Saturday 23 May 2009

Mallaranny Rocks



Here is your Scenic Sunday image.

This image was taken at the beach in Mallaranny, Co Mayo. You drive through this village on your way over to Achill Island. In this image you see the rocks which make up the best part of the beach when the tide is in. And in my case the tide was fully in. In the background across Clew Bay is Croagh Patrick and the surrounding mountains.

I have a question for you today. Can you tell me why, in your opinion, this image has sold well from my website?

8 comments:

  1. I think all your images would sell equally well. But does this sell better than the others? I think it's the rocks - I often see photographs for sale in shops with smooth rocks somewhere on them - they must be universally attractive things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To your question? And why not?

    I think it has something to do with the unique formation of the rock and how they are tiled by nature so unusual and they look pristine, untouched!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exquisite contrasts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this was some image. Stunning (do you spell it so?). Me and my family was on our way to Irland, to move there, about a year ago. But I didn´t work out, and we are very sorry for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why ?
    Because it is a cracker of a shot - a great landscape that doesn't follow the traditional rules of land, sea and sky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In my humble opinion, it is the stark contrasts-tension of shapes, the jumble of jagged cloud formation vs. the jumble of smooth rocks. Even the mountain in mid frame, although jagged is smooth. chaos with the sky vs seeming order on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your humble opinion is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Neil, I thought this place was Mulranney?

    Either way it is a cracker.

    ReplyDelete