Pages

Monday 27 April 2009

Loch Lein 2




Here is your My World image.

First of, may I say a thank you too all for the comments on my images over the past couple of weeks. I have been very busy of late and have not got a chance to look t as many other sites as possible. Things are now back to normal now, so I have more time too look around.

I think I made history yesterday:-
The first Irishman to shoot some people outside Buckingham Palace in England and not get arrested by the police. ????????
Figure that one out and I will give you the answer at the end of the the post.

Now lets get back to photography. The above image is part of the series of images taken in Killarney a couple of weeks ago from The Lake Hotel as mentioned in the previous post. This one was taken form the Castle itself ( MacCarthy Mor Castle ). Again the previous post will explain all. It shows Lough Lein or the lower lake and what's called the Bay of Castlelough. This was most likely a small harbour to tie the boats on come ashore at the Castle.

What I like about this image is the path leads you into the image and the contrast between the shapes of the stones and the shapes of the clouds in the sky.

OK here is your answer to the riddle above:
The people were running and I was shooting them with a camera. Yes I am talking about the London Marathon. I was over in London at the weekend working on the marathon for a company called Marathon Foto. I was positioned right outside Buckingham Palace for over 5 hours and in that time took just under 12,000 photos of the runners.

On holidays in Killarney, the Turin Marathon and then the London Marathon, the reason for the lack of posts and comments.

13 comments:

  1. You have been busy!! But your photo is stunning, dramatic and totally gorgeous! Glad you didn't get arrested! Would have missed your photos and your world! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant photo once again, you never disappoint.

    Have a great week.
    Guy
    Regina In Pictures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great shot, and lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, man, that is beautiful. I love that part of Ireland. Thanks for taking me back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! Love this! So much! I just want to lay there on those cold stones and feel the clouds pushing down. Wow!

    Great capture!

    ~Lisa
    New Mexico, USA

    ReplyDelete
  6. The monochrome effect is great. I can see the stones but I feel I'm on a boat sailing towards that lovely sky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your monochrome photos are so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i would say my first comment of this image would be the path leading one into it...and the textural quality of that path. and of course the dramatic sky and it too leads one deep into the image.
    beautiful capture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The path and the light all lead you to some magical spot just in the distance ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. As you say, you create images rather than take photographs. This one is so striking and evokes memories of my trip to Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The path is made of flat stones? Hmmm. Thanks for setting me straight as I thought it was cracked concrete. The pattern is beautiful.

    I too like the path leading into the water and pointing to the opposite shore. I also like the way the clouds are pointing in that direction too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite here, the stone pier. Beauty of a shot. We're lead right into the scene.

    Sometimes time is too short. Hope to see some London Marathon photos.

    ReplyDelete