Pages

Thursday 2 October 2008

Easky Lough


This was taken on the last Viewpoint trip to North Mayo. However this images taken on the day we drove up through The Ox Mountains in Co. Silgo. We stopped a couple of times on this road and Easkey Lough was one such stop. What you have to do on this road is avoid the sheep because they are free the wonder around especially in front of your car. For this image I got down very low ( as far as my tripod would allow me ) to get the angle and position of the foreground grass. The clouds had started to break up and show some detail which helps. I don't really care about the technical details for my images as this is taken care of with the EXIF data, but I do always use the Lee 0.9 ND soft Grad filter attached to either my 24mm or 24-70mm lenses. So you can take it that all my images are shot this way with a aperture between f16 and f22. ( f8 or f11 on the 24mm tilt and shift lens ).

2 comments:

  1. I am unable to read the EXIF data, so I can only make assumptions. At f16 or greater, you are shooting at longer exposure times, especially with the filter. Yet, the water surface shows ripples as if a faster shutter speed. Are you shooting at a higher ISO, or was this scene much brighter than it appears?

    Fantastic black andf whites! I ask because I am inspired by your work. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Dusty Lens, I have just checked the image data and it says f16 @ 1/15sec ISO100. Oh yes it was much brighter than what you see here. Dodge&Burn in Photoshop was used to darken down areas of the image. You see the ripples on the surface but they are not sharp compared to the rocks out in the water. Hope that answers your questions.
    Thanks for your comments about "I am inspired by your work".

    ReplyDelete