Pages

Thursday 30 October 2008

B&W Rainbow ?



A black and white rainbow ?
I put this image up for one reason and that is to say "Bring your camera with you at all times".
I went for a walk around Skerries on Sunday afternoon after a very nice lunch with the family. The weather was sunny but a strong cold wind with rain, hence the rainbow. We took shelter in a doorway when it rained heavy. As we got back to the car park this wonderful rainbow appeared. Well talk about dropping everything and running. I managed to get a couple of shots before is disappeared. I was hand holding the camera as I forgot the tripod in the rush over to the shore line so that I got a clear view of the rainbow. It was funny to see other people taking photo's of the rainbow but they just stood in the carpark so they will have a forground full of cars (very nice). On the walk around Skerries I did manage to get a couple more images and will post them later.
I got my hand on a Canon G10 camera, so that I don't have to carry my 5D plus lens and tripod when I got out for walks. After reading the review on The Luminous Landscape website by Michaell Reichmann, I went and got one. I was looking at getting a compact camera for such a reason as my walking stick can be used as a monopod when you unscrew the top off. I will post image as soon as I can get out and shot with it.

2 comments:

  1. That is quite the image of this double rainbow. Interesting how the colors (at the base of the rainbow) is white. This color shift is something I never thought about in black and white, nor did I expect this result.

    I have been thinking a lot about a monopod for these circumstances. Also, many public places ban tripod use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a funny one Rob alright. The conversion to B&W was just a simple red filter in photoshop with nothing else done to the image. I like the way your eye is lead thru the image on the white band in the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete