Pages

Sunday 11 October 2009

Stone & Water


Here is your Monochrome Maniacs image.

While waiting for the right light and movement in the clouds, I do get the chance to look around for interesting patterns in the sand or water. In this case it was the light reflection on the ripples in a pool of water right beside the legs of my tripod that caught my eye.

Other than this I can't say anything else about the image as I can't remember. I used my backup camera for this image. Now that I think about it, it's from the shoreline around Bunatrahir Bay, Ballycastle, Co Mayo. I must go back into my Lightroom library and find out the details.

Have a good week all.


 

12 comments:

  1. Wow! What great reflection of light! I love many of your black and white photos at your site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh!! This is just sooooo cool! A mosaic-painting - made in a creative co-operation between nature and MonoNeil :) I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very often the best subjects are found when you are looking "somewhere else". But you know all about that, of course :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the sort of stone one picks up and drops back into the water just for the splash :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fascinating pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the reflection, glaze and ripples in water, mono really gives water that special effect....lovely image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Impressive. Ripples put up a wonderful show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always interesting to look into the water and shoot it. interesting patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mosaic and a bit of a mystery. Very nice.
    Like a lot of them

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely and such a contrast to your SkyWatch shot...

    ReplyDelete
  11. ♥AMAZING♥
    Have a Great Day
    ~Rocío a.k.a."Mamí♥Picture"

    ReplyDelete