Pages

Sunday 4 October 2009

Elephant Shower



Here is your Monochrome Maniacs image.

Well no black and white landscapes for you today. Too much work on my hands at the moment. Two weddings to finish and another full weekend down at the Zoo. Above is one of the images I was ask to get of the Elephants when they were being cleaned by Gerry, one of the Keepers. There is a big international talk on Elephants in Dublin Zoo next week and a selection of images will be used in the lecture to highlight the work and enclosure in the Zoo. I also had to photograph a baby Chameleon, which was smaller than a 1 euro coin. Small, but they can move. I might show you that image tomorrow. I am not happy with the b&w version, it lacks contrast. It was taken as a colour so my choice of backgrounds is too close to the colour of the Chameleon when converted. Ah, I will give it another go and see what happens. This image works because of the contrast between the dark Elephant skin and the bright water spray. The composition not to bad either.

6 comments:

  1. It looks so happy to have water thrown all over it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an interesting and rewarding berth at the Zoo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful shot Neil, thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the texture of the elephant's trunk, and the great water-splash. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this type of event at our zoo, your photo is prettier. B&W really does something for the moment.

    Calico Contemplations

    ReplyDelete