Pages

Thursday 26 May 2011

The Long Range



The Long Range is a stretch of water that joins Muckross Lake to The Upper Lake in Killarney National Park. It’s the same water in this image as in the Eagle’s Nest post  (link here).
This time however I had a boat beside the foreground rocks which makes for a nice composition. The lines on the rocks lead you to the boat which leads you into the rest of the image. The weather, clouds and light was just right and I had to stop the car yet again on my way home from Kenmare. Well not directly home as I had planned to stop off at Peter Cox new Gallery in Killarney and give him a hand with framing a few images before the grand opening. This didn’t go to plan in favor of Peter as the light was to good to miss and being a photographer I knew he would understand.
Also my battery run out and this was the last image of the day. Another reason for a trip to the gallery to charge the battery for the afternoon shoot. As I have already said, the Eagle’s Nest is just off to the right and I was standing right where the boat is to take that image.
This is a classic example for returning to the same location again and again. You will either see something different or the conditions will be different and come away with another image as with me in this case.

5 comments:

  1. very good neil

    from
    your son craig

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy the composition with the boat. It adds a sense of humanity without a specific person. Interesting the natural rock pier to unload from the boat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh....Ireland is such a beautiful country to photograph in the black and white format. Neil your work is excellent.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete