Pages

Thursday 14 January 2010

Bective in the Snow



Here is your SkyWatch image.

Well the snow has gone, well from most parts of Ireland that is. I didn't get out much to get some snow images. Don't know really but was not that interested as I could not travel to the locations of interest. I did manage to get over to Bective Abbey, near Trim in Meath and got a couple of images before another snow storm came along. You can just about see the start of it from the cloud cover on the right of the image. I lost the rubber feet on the end of my tripod legs taking this image. No worries as it gave me the chance to buy the spike ends for the tripod which I have being meaning to buy for a long time.
If you have being following me on Twitter or Facebook you will know I am putting the 30 Images together for my Exhibition in Dublin Ireland called Black & White Ireland with will open next week. I will let you know times and location etc. on Sunday for all people who wish to go along and see my work up close.
Talk soon.

8 comments:

  1. Haunting, inspiring landscape! Immediately I thought of Wordsworth's "Tintern Abbey"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a dramatic photo, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the composition here. Contrasting architecture, dramatic sky, nice shadows and shading. The best of luck with your exhibition next week! I hope it goes very well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very dramatic in black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've bookmarked your page as a reference for my future b&w photography.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a striking image ...
    wish i were able to see your work up close and personal.
    best to you regarding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh very lovely work of black and white. Thanks for sharing!

    SWF:Clear sky & Icicles

    ReplyDelete