Pages

Tuesday 3 February 2009

Derry Veagh Mts.





Well the snow has melted. Lasted less than a day. If you want to see some snow pictures check out a new link I have put up on the "PhotoBlogs from around the World" called Drammen Daily Photo.

So no more snow images. I dug this one up from last May. It was taken by the road side on the R251 heading towards Dunlewy. This shows the turf cutting bog which lies at the foot of the Derry Veagh Mountains. If my memory is right this was the last image I took on the Donegal trip last year. I packed the cameras away and started on the 5 hours drive home.
I like the way the line of the turf follows the mountain line. Also the shadows cast by the clouds an the mountains makes them a bit more interesting.

8 comments:

  1. Very beautiful landscape photo with fine lines and great depth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks familiar - right down to the turf.
    A very fine picture. I surrender.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those clouds. It was a beautiful day. One of my sons lives in Dunlewy with his lady and their baby daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this image, it played tricks on my eyes. At first glance, I thought the upturned turf was a rail line with the squared off sod appearing as the ties.

    We up here in Minnesota are quite anxious for the snow to melt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful B&W landscape work here, with all the tone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe, I have to second everything Dusty said. Like the work you've done on your site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dramatic, spectacular capture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is what I like about monochrome the attention to the fine detailing and textures and fabulous landscape. Many thanks for your input on my blog. Had to change printers recently after being happy for several years with one comapny and the logisitics just settling down.

    ReplyDelete