Pages

Saturday 29 November 2008

Glengarriff Bay



This image of Glengarriff Bay looking out towards Bantry Bay was taken on the second day from the South West Trip with Peter last week. The weather was changing all the time with sun one minute and clouds the next. We found a path down to the waters edge just before you drive into Glengarriff village. I took a lend of Peters Lee Polariser filter to bring out the details in the rocks under the water rock pool in the foreground. As always the ND Grad filters were in use with this image and you can take it as written that this filters is always used for all my landscape images so as to hold the details in the sky.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Neil, I really like this one. It reminds me of the wilderness area in northern Minnesota and southern Canada we used to camp and fish in. I have not heard of Lee Filters; my local camera shop has Cokin filters. I shall look into a ND Grad filter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Rob. I think they are used more over this side of the big pond. Cokin are fine too and you should invest your money (better than the stocks and shares)in some ND Grads for your landscape work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Neil,

    Having a good time going through your blog. This image is particularly outstanding.

    Take care,

    Joel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joel,
    How are you getting on over in Canada ?

    ReplyDelete