Pages

Thursday 15 July 2010

Spelga Dam


I think it's time for a change. We travel up north this time to The Mourne Mountains in Co Down and a funny tale to tell.
We two months solid working for MarathonFoto finished I was ready to get out and shoot some landscape work. Checked the weather OK. Packed my camera bags, tripods and all other gear ready for the early start and left them down at the front door ready. I was going to shoot sunrise on my way up the North. One slight problem with all this preparation. I forgot todo one thing. Can you guess?
I woke up to the sound of my 7 year old son getting out of bed. That's funny, he never wakes that during the night. No I was wrong. What did I forget todo? Set the alarm clock. It was Saturday morning. I was not a happy chap. That was the end of that trip. So the following week I did set the alarm and let the house at 4 in the morning. What a wonderful sunrise I got and the rest of the day was fantastic.
The image above is an image of Spelga Dam. Mist started to roll in over the surface of the water to give this lovely effect. This lasted for about 10mins and was gone. I stayed here for a while longer and have some more images of the lake and surroundings.
So over the next couple of weeks I will bring you more images from The Mourne Mountains.

More Sky's over at SkyWatch Friday

7 comments:

  1. That photo is the work of an artist! It really is so atmospheric and painterly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your work! Simply beautiful!

    http://www.cheerific365.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning picture! Great atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one Neil, worth getting up for - even if it was a week late!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rather a dreamy image to go along with waking up too late from the land-o-nod. ;) Looking forward to more images from this trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been long time since my last visit, and I love the new layout here :)
    Of course, it's nothing compared to the high quality of your works.
    Stunning as usual. Missed your photos :)

    ReplyDelete