Pages

Thursday 15 April 2010

Coumeenoole Bay 2


We continue on My Dingle Trip series with another image form Coumeenoole Bay.
In this image the headland is now lit up by the rising sun over Eagle Mountain behind me. This is the head land behind the cottage on the right in the last post. Taken about 45 mins later you can see the sun has risen high enough to lit up the foreground and cast some interesting shadows with the rocks. Again the Blasket Island can be seen on the horizon.
I was finished shooting down on the Coumeenoole Beach and was walking back up the path towards where I parked the car when I looked over the wall to see this viewpoint. A quick hop over the wall and set up the camera. I liked the portrait version better as there was nothing of interest in the open water to the left. The version has better composition and impact with the shape of the rocks leading you into the image.
This was the last image taken that morning as I headed back to the hotel for a well earned shower and full Irish Breakfast.

Chapter 3 to follow next week.

For More SkyWatch Images Link Here

7 comments:

  1. It's so beautiful black and white photo! Love it!

    SWF~Blue puffy sky

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! Hello from Texas...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed some really fantastic monochromes on your blog! Awesome!

    Pixellicious Photos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent B&W images. Great compositions and tones. I like the vertical format in landscape photos..not sure why, but I instinctively turn the camera 90 degrees when viewing a scene.
    Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful B&W photo. Captures the shoreline so well.
    That is just amazing ,beautiful country along the Dingle coast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clap. Clapping. Still clapping. If Ansel Adams was in Ireland, I betcha this is what a photograph by him would look like. I am so impressed with your talent as an artist.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete