Pages

Friday 12 February 2010

Giant's Causeway


Well look at this, another portrait orientation landscape.
And yes I did go to the doctor for help. He said stop turning your head sideways.

The Giant's Causeway, Co Antrim, a World Heritage Site is one hell of an interesting place to visit and photograph. For one reason, to get a image with no people in it. A very tricky thing to do. However if you are a "real" photographer you go at some crazy time in the day. The above image was taken at around 5 in the morning me thinks on my trip to the Antrim Coast last November. At this time of the day you can drive your car down if you know your way through the car park maze.
The weather was overcast which made for a not so interesting colour sunrise ( I was with my good friend Peter Cox )but I think this image works very well in good old black and white. The shape and texture in the rock formations and the smooth water with the reflections of the clouds is interesting.
I promise this will be my last one. Well not really. Have a look at the Antrim Gallery on my site and you will see a few more images.
Have a good weekend and talk soon.

6 comments:

  1. So lovely, makes me want to go there someday. Dramatic shot! Why is it called that, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! I like the depth you reached with this composition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome picture of the sea and sky coming together like two lovers. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, lovely photo! Amazing sky and great composition.

    ReplyDelete